Eric Perrott is a trademark and copyright attorney with Gerben Perrott, PLLC. He has helped thousands of clients, from start-ups to multi-national corporations, register and protect their trademarks, including the filing of over 1,500 trademark applications with the USPTO, successfully overturning hundreds of Office Actions issued by USPTO examining attorneys, obtaining ex parte and inter partes rulings for his clients before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and, most importantly, providing individualized client counseling catering to the client’s needs, industry and budget. Eric also uses his knowledge of new technology and online platforms to provide clients with advice online marketplace infringement on Amazon, eBay and Etsy and to counsel clients on how to protect their brands on social media and within domain names (including UDRP proceedings.)
Mr. Perrott is a skilled negotiator and represents clients in all manner of trademark and copyright enforcement and defense matters.
From being a featured speaker at the USPTO’s Global Intellectual Property Center, to being quoted by CNBC, BloombergBNA and more, Mr. Perrott regularly shares his knowledge of trademark law to organizations and news outlets, while regularly publishing articles for those looking to protect their valuable brands and intellectual property.
Eric is involved with ABA Leadership, as the Chair of the ABA Intellectual Property Division’s Committee on USPTO Operations Related to Trademarks, spear-heading the ABA’s official comments and responses to USPTO policies changes and helping to provide fellow practitioners with information and updates on USPTO prosecution, ex parte appeals, and inter partes proceedings.
- Opposition dismissed against client’s ANTARCTIC ICE MARATHON design mark (Marathon Tours, Inc. v. Richard Donovan)
- Descriptiveness refusal reversed against client’s GLOBAL GROWERS trademark (In re Global Growers Foods Company Limited)
- UDRP successful, transferring anneklein-shoes.com domain name to client (WH Buyer, LLC d/b/a WHP Global v. Ryan Tyner, FA2011001920587)
- Representing clients in 200+ Matters
- Spiral Marketing, Episode 23: Protecting Your Brand and Campaign IP with Trademark Attorney Eric Perrott
- Game Manufacturers Association, Intellectual Property in the Tabletop Gaming Industry with Eric Perrott
- Speaker, USPTO’s Global Intellectual Property Academy for the annual conference on emerging intellectual property law and policy (2017)
- Moderator on Panel: The USPTO Speaks: An Update from the USPTO and TTAB (IPL-SPRING 2017)
- Webinar, Temporary Non-Use of Trademarks In The Age of COVID
- Building Your Trademark Toolbelt: Letters of Protest and Requests to Make Special, IPL Annual Meeting 2021
- Young Lawyer Fellow, American Bar Association Section of IP Law
- 2019 Outstanding Leadership Contribution Award, American Bar Association Section of IP Law
- Vice-Chair, ABA-IPL Trademark Division (2020-present)
- Chair, USPTO Trademark Practice and Policy Committee (2017-2020)
- Attended closed door roundtables with House Judiciary on Trademark Modernization Act of 2020