Dionne Heard is a trademark and copyright attorney with Gerben Perrott, PLLC. Dionne focuses her practice on foreign and domestic trademark counseling, prosecution, clearance, and enforcement as well as copyright registration, enforcement and litigation. Dionne also has experience in cyber security, data security, unfair competition and licensing.
Prior to joining Gerben Perrott, Dionne worked as intellectual property in-house counsel to one of the largest restaurant equipment distribution companies in the country where she managed their extensive trademark and copyright portfolio, advised on trademarks and branding, litigated trademark and copyright infringement matters, and monitored and protected the company’s brand through online enforcement. Prior to working in this position, Ms. Heard was an associate attorney at Philadelphia’s largest intellectual property boutique law firm.
Ms. Heard served as a board member for the Philadelphia Intellectual Property Association (PIPLA). She is also a member of the American Bar Association and currently serves on the TIPS Animal Law Committee. She is a native of Philadelphia and its surrounding suburbs.
- Likelihood of confusion reversed (two registrations and three prior-pending marks) for REALWELL
- Functionality – goods – refusal of registration on principal register reversed (U.S. Registration No.
- Descriptiveness and likelihood of confusion refusal reversed for Diamond EAGLE
- Successful takedown of 1000+ infringing Amazon accounts
- UDRP Successful, transfer of deltasigmatheta.com to client (Delta Sigma Theta, Incorporated v. Hulmiho Ukolen / Poste restante)
- UDRP Successful, transfer of chummytees.net to client (Narwhaler LLC v. Truonng Duc)
- Counsel of record for multiple trademark and copyright infringement cases in federal court
- Managed trademark and copyright portfolio of a leading North American foodservice equipment and supplies corporation.